Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hangover Headache from Dreaming?

Today I am experiencing my first non hangover headache. It sucks. Not too sure what has caused it. Maybe it's the gallon of soda I consumed on the drive to and from Madison or maybe it's the shoulder shrugs I did at the gym that is compressing my upper back. At least with a hangover headache you knew where it came from and how to get rid of it...drink more! In Madison I had the most realistic "using" dream I have had since I stopped drinking. I woke up several times confused as to when I drank and how I would explain it to Jen. Maybe that's why I have a headache?!

I half contemplated getting a quick ride in outside before the big snow came. But putting the kids in the car I got wind up my skirt and said screw that I'm hitting the basement.
Looking out the window it's starting to snow pretty good. I have flipped from being bummed to being pretty stoked about the snow. I'm so fickle like that.

As I said earlier my family and I head to Florida next week Friday. After last year I told myself I would not go this year or maybe never. I was experiencing the lowest I ever felt. It's at Florida that I admitted I needed help, both for drinking and my emotional behavior. I do not think I have ever had so much to drink in a weeks time in my life, about 3.5 liters of vodka plus beer, rum... I would drink to feel better and disappear. But drinking only added to the situation so the cycle continued on and on. A year later I am going back over 7 months sober and feeling great. I am excited to go and I do not have any anxiety! So maybe it's Florida that got me to realize I was messed up. I am glad it did. Besides I have lost a lot of weight and will look almost as good as Tenacious T in a swimsuit. I will be running from all the old ladies!

2 comments:

JMo said...

The Fla part made me sort of laugh, not at you, but with you.
Tuesday or Wednesday was a sort of dubious anniversary of mine and...well, there's a whole host of emotions that go along with that.

But, today is starting out well.

Before I forget...do you guys sell Kenda Small Blocks in a 29er? I would like to try a pair I believe. If you do, drop me an email at jamie.molitor@gmail.com or give me a call or ... whatever.

Xs n Os

Anonymous said...

Its interesting to look back at points in life where the whole course and direction changed... I can definitely say that today I don't regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it, because my experience can benefit others. Thanks for sharing what its like for you, it helps me.

I am leaving on Friday for my spring break trip, a service trip to IA, NE, CO, NM, TX & KS. When I went last year (on a southeast route), I was just in a bad place and it sucked. I am doing my best this year to turn it around and have an amazing time without taking myself so damn seriously. I hope we both have awesome trips! :)

-Jenna