Friday, February 03, 2012

Now What?

The Arrowhead 135 has come and gone. It's a little bit like Christmas as a kid. Your excitement builds and builds till the day is actually here...and then it's gone. It's consumed your thoughts for the past several months. So now what?

I had really hoped to get out and xc ski a bit. I haven't even unzipped my ski bag this year. All my free time and training time were on the bike in preparation for the Arrowhead. Finally, time to ski...Nope! 40 degree days will work destructive magic on the snow. Ugh.

I feel I should step away from the bike a bit, but then what. Can't ski, can really only run 1 maybe 2 days a week, and the gym is...well the gym. Keep biking I guess. Good thing I love it!

I did get out for a short spin yesterday before work. After riding a Fat Bike for so long it was strange to pedal the single Cross Check. I was surprised at the legs and butt. They actually felt ok. Any hill though and my legs let me know what was really going on. Yeah, they're still a bit sore. I really think getting dehydrated exasperated the issue.

So moving forward. Easy week this week and back at it next week. With what, not too sure...just have fun.

Later.

1 comment:

the schad family said...

I know
http://www.55nine.com/southernX.html