Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Home Again.

The 9th running of the Arrowhead 135 is in the books...well for me, some are still out there!  This was my 3rd time at this beast of a race. 
138 names on the roster, 135 started, and less than 50 will finish.  That tells you something about this race.
I ended up 4th.  I'm very happy with that.  The previous 2 years I was 5th.  The competition was super strong and deep this year so I'm feeling pretty good.  The top three, however, had about 1.5 hours on me!  Those boys were strong!

I struggled mentally and physically (that's endurance racing in a nutshell), wanted to quit, and swore of the race for next year.  But yep, time heals and I'm sure I'll be back.

Hoping to have a full race report with some photos up tomorrow.

Playing catch up with emails and whatnot.

Later.

3 comments:

rlove2bike said...

Congrats on the great finish!!

RL

Joboo said...

Way to suffer through it!! You lead dogs were the lucky one!!
Peace

Tim said...

Great to hear that you endured another epic event. I hope that all continues for a favorable journey for you and your family. Thanks for your blogs, your honesty, and your outlook on life!