Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Week of Riding.

Pretty stoked on my riding this week:
Saturday: 6 hours 20 minutes
Sunday: family day, Science Museum
Monday: 1 hour 45 minutes
Tuesday: 2 hours 15 minutes
Wednesday: Gym stuffs
Thursday: 5 hours 20 minutes.

Have some stuff I want to get done at work so the early morning ride is off.  Wanted to spin the legs a wee bit but a off day is better, but harder!  While I felt good yesterday I could feel the legs complaining a bit.  If all goes according to plan I will have another post this afternoon...stay tuned for that!

I work tomorrow and have a bunch of Jen's family coming over as well to watch/celebrate March Madness.  It's pretty fun how we do it.  When it gets down to the Sweet 16 we draw teams.  We all put $5 in, winner takes all.  We also get together and everyone brings a dish of some sort representing your team or state of the team.  I got Indiana...my first "real" team.  Yep, they lost...to Brinna and Avery who had Syracuse, my perennial favorite, so not too bummed.

So the point of this is riding time tomorrow is tight.  Plan on getting up dark early and snagging some hours before the sun rises and work starts.  Trans Iowa Training!

The plant based, whole foods lifestyle (vegan) I've adopted has become the norm.  Ice cream cravings have begun to subside!  I still find it crazy how milk is in so many things like Nips hard candies...damn had some of those, guess I've cheated a bit.  I'm learning.  I am slowly weeing out excess sugar.  It too is hard as it's in so many foods.  But I figure I ride a lot, I like sweets, so vegan appropriate I'm all for it!  I do use energy foods (ProBar, Clif, Skratch Labs, etc) while riding.  I've tried not too and it just doesn't work for me.  Need some processed stuff every once in awhile.
Since Florida I've lost a bit over 10 lbs.  5 More to go.

Get out and RIDE!

No comments: