Monday, April 29, 2013

The Weekend.

I have to say it was a damn fine weekend.
Saturday morning I thought about getting up early to get a few hours in on the bike before work at 10.  But the Alarm went off, Harper was in bed with us...and that was all it took.  Rest day.  So hung with the family a bit then off to work. 
I did bike to work and took a longer route.  Already at 9 it was gorgeous out!
The work day was fun.  Busy but not insane.  Sold a lot of bikes to excited customers.  Fun day.

Jen and the girls picked me up after work and we headed to the SCAR Roller Derby Girls meet/match/event...whatever you call it.  We all had a good time.  My hips hurt just thinking about it.

Sunday I was off from work.  Of course I wanted to ride all day but also wanted to be home with the family.  Again I didn't get out as early as I wanted but was on the bike by 8:15.  The south wind was much stiffer than I anticipated.  But it didn't matter, I was out riding in only jersey and shorts!  I was on the Ti Colossal for the second ride outside on it.  The tweaks last time made a huge difference.  Feeling great! 
Ended with a bit over 3 hours.

Back home we did a power cleaning session.  Then winter dog dropping pick up...ugh, always an impressive task.
The rest of the day was playing and hanging with the family.

Tuesday Harper turns 1 and Friday Avery turns 7.
Birthday week.
Not sure if I'm doing the Tuesday Night Ride or not.

Later.

No comments: