Thursday night into Friday morning a storm rolled through St. Cloud creating all kinds of chaos. Our power was out for 13 hours, while some are still without power.
This same system was responsible for causing the cancelation of the Chequamegon 100. I got the news Friday morning at work. The decision was made to still go and enjoy the weekend.
It was stressful getting everything ready at home forcing Jen and I to question if we should even still go.
Originally the depart time was noon, we left around 4. Amazing what a storm can do.
Once there we were glad to be away, although the mosquitoes were ridiculous!
We did get some riding in too! The trails near our lodge, Lakewood, were in amazing condition considering all the rain they received. Trails in other sections of the CAMBA system were under lots of water, which eventually caused the race cancellation.
Saturday we got about 5 hours and another 2 on Sunday. The trails there are so fun and seemingly go on for ever. Sure beats pounding out the loops at the North Loop!
The alarm went off at 4:40 this morning. I got up, let the dog out, and turned on the coffee pot. But then the brain kicked in. I didn't ride and went back to bed!
I was tired.
Rode a lot this weekend.
Have a major trail work session this evening.
Riding a fast 100 miles tomorrow.
Most likely the only day off this week.
And the most important excuse is I get crabby if I'm tired and that affects more people than just me.
I don't regret riding, but the lack of wind and blue skies don't help!