Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bad Knees.

I'm sure many of you know, but if not, I have bad knees.  I've had 3 ACL surgeries with meniscus repair/removal.  Arthritis is present in both knees but mostly the left, but really doesn't bother me too much.  The ACL in my right knee is gone...again.  The Dr. and I decided to leave it as it just doesn't take.  It's been fine but more so than ever I've just been biking, leaving the knees weak.  I usually run a bit, do lunges, and other stabilizing exercises.  This summer I wanted to stay out of the gym and just ride, and really that's all I had the time for.  My right knee, as a consequence, has been giving out a bit more...all quad.
Something must have sent it off this week as it's been swollen, mushy, and overall weak.  Thus I bailed on the Wednesday NGR.  I was bummed, but not as much as I thought I would be.  So that's a bonus I guess!  It's better today and I'm sure I could have gone but really want it healthy for the Heck of the North on the 28th and my Fatbike season.  I am a bit concerned I'm losing whatever fitness I had but oh well.  Ride to ride and smile cause it's damn fun!

No comments: