Friday, September 13, 2013

That Time of Year.

Cooler weather has started to prevail over the heat and humidity having me grab my mountain bike that past couple days.  Yesterday was Thursday, so my short day at work.  Usually I go out for 3-4 hours.  I'm taking it chill this week so decided on some more laps at the North Loop.  Kyia joined me for a lap too.  Man, we chatted the whole lap...poof it was done!  The next lap and a half my brain was consumed with race details.
I get the label of race director for the upcoming Revolution's Single Track Escape, but really many wear that hat.  Nonetheless I freak out a bit about what I forgot, what needs to be done, will we have enough help, etc.  Really it's going well, and it should this is our 8th year or something close.

So yeah race weekend next weekend, 21-22.  Here's a quick time frame if you're looking to help...stay tuned as things may change.
Tuesday (17th): Trail work, 5:30 at the North Loop.
Friday (20th): race set up at the North Loop, starting around 2.
Saturday(21st): High School race, volunteers needed for numerous positions.  This is new for us and we do benefit from it as well.  Most of the work is done by the HS league, but our help is needed.
Sunday (22nd): Our race.  Lots of help needed: parking, registration, on course Marshall's, finish chute, food sales, raffle sales, etc.  Please come lend a hand if you can.

And today...yep more mountain biking!  Picking up Brian and hitting up Monticello before work at noon.  It's going to be a good day!

Later.

No comments: