Monday, October 07, 2013

CX Weekend.

This past Saturday was Baker Orchard CX race in WI.  It's a long drive, 2 hours, but we went last year and the kids have been begging to go back.
Last year it was my first every cx race and this year it was my first of the season.  Conditions were much different this year...lots of mud!
Because I preregistered I got a call up and was on the front line.  I didn't get the best start so I dealt with some traffic at the first turn.  The mud was slippery so drilling it into corners wasn't an option.  Doing several laps you learn which corners require brakes and which corners can be hit wide open.
I went down a couple times, both on corners! 
Had an absolute riot!  CX, more than any other racing, has me doing the would've, could've, should've routine.  Ended up 4th SS and 12th overall.  I'll take it.  CX also gives me crazy gut rot!  
 
 
 After the mud ride.
 
 

 My cheer section.
 
 
They got me a Big Ben Apple.
 
 
Really wanting to do more cx but I work this coming weekend.  Then it's the Dirt Bag.  I'm doing Velo Cross in November, but other than that I don't know.
Wanted to start the Monday Night Lights mtb ride tonight but thinking the trails will be too wet...so next week.
 
Later.

No comments: