Wednesday, April 23, 2014

TNR

Wow...what a great TNR, Tuesday Night Ride.  The weather was almost perfect.  Sunny, not too hot, nor too cold, and a light wind.  Others must of thought so too as 13 riders started.  Since it was a northerly wind we headed north.  From our location it is a bit tricky to get out of town, but we managed with no crashes or horn honks!
Once through Sauk Rapids the hammer dropped and a paceline formed.  Pretty much all the way to Rice we were drilling it.  It takes me awhile to warm up so I was suffering anytime I was up front.  About 1.5 hours in I started to feel pretty good.  The legs were much more responsive than Saturday.  We had an awesome chase into Holdingford.  I almost caught them, but was left dangling.  So fun!

It was decided we would make our way back via Fruit Farm Road.  This is one of my favorite roads.  We took this on Saturday too but I was so shot to enjoy it.  Through Avon I got a gap, unintentionally, but decided to just keep my pace high enough to eventually make them work to chase me down.  Plus my nemesis, Columbia Hill, was coming up.
I managed to hold off the riders to Fruit Farm Road, where I was joined by Jimmy, Charlie, and Matt.  Fruit Farm was designed to go fast so we fell into an echelon and busted Fruit Farm out in no time.  I was smiling the whole time.  Man it feels good to have my legs back!

At SJU the group split, again unintentionally.  My group rolled into the shop a bit past 8:30, so yeah, a bit dark.  3 hours and 63 miles.  A great ride.  Thanks fellas.

Hoping to sneak a ride in this morning before the rain.  Recovery on County Road!

Later.

No comments: