Monday, May 12, 2014

I Rode in the Sun!!!

Friday I woke to the trees slapping the window...another windy, overcast day.  I pussy footed around whether to ride outside or not.  Once Jen's mom showed to watch Harper I made the decision to ride outside.  While windy and chilly it was a pretty good ride.  Took a route I don't do often as it was a shorter ride, 1.5 hours.  Glad I did it.  Made the day better.

Saturday Matt N. and I met up at 6 am for a 3 hour ride.  Man I wanted to sleep in but once out pushing pedals in the sun and wind free atmosphere I was all smiles.  Matt kept pushing me to be late for work but I stayed the course!  We cruised down county road 7 to Fairhaven then South Haven.  Hit up a favorite road, Quinn, around some lakes (name slips my mind right now).  We then went out to French Lake and Weber's Deck and south some more.  We finally had to make our way for home.  Around some more lakes, all which were hopping for fishing opener.
Back at my car a bit over 3 hours and over 60 miles.  Damn fine way to start a Saturday work day!

Sunday I wanted to ride but it was Mother's Day and hanging with the family is always good too.  After a late breakfast we just started working outside.  Got tons done!  The garage is cleaned for summer, yard picked up and mowed, Christmas tree burned, flower beds cleaned, blown down gutters fixed, and more!  Not ideal but all needed to get done.  Ended the day with an excellent meal at the White Horse.  Great day.

On to Monday and this week...

No comments: