Friday, May 23, 2014

Sometimes You Just Have to Ride...right?

All it took was some sunny days and we are back in the weeds at work.  Even with our summer help back it's a challenge to stay ahead of the game.  Not necessarily a bad thing.
Yesterday was my 9-12 shift.  I got there at 7:30 in hopes of making my noon departure as timely and smooth as possible.  It was like a Saturday for awhile.  At one point we had 6 different people in the store at one time.  Reinforcements showed up at noon and I was able to leave at 12:45.

Soon after I was out pushing the pedals on my Salsa La Cruz in search of gravel and miles.  The guilt of leaving work stayed with me.  Should I have stayed?  Ugh.  But all work and no play makes for a pissy Benny so ride I did.  Honestly one couldn't script a better day.  I even got a little sunburn.  Of course I wanted more but wanted to be home to help Jen out with the kids so 4 hours was enough.

Today I'm scheduled to be bike support at the Kid's Apple Duathlon.  Prior to this I'm helping out with Brinna's Track-n-Field day.  Lots of hanging out with kids!  After the Duathlon I'll head into work for some late hours doing repairs.  Maybe we'll be all caught up and sleep will be normal!

Saturday is the Apple Duathlon.  Mike and I have been helping out with this for the past 15+ years.  Up at dawn to help people pump up $10,000 bikes.  Weather looks good.

Later.

No comments: