Thursday, June 12, 2014

Good Recovery is Helping.

I did get out for about 3 hours yesterday morning.  After the #TNR I wasn't too sure how the legs would respond.  It was an easy ride but still...the legs felt great!  Before and after known hard efforts I really have been diligent about hydration and recovery.  I think it's helping.  Even if it's "in my head" I'll take it.  I drink plenty of water and electrolytes through out the day.  Before the ride I've been using Skratch Labs Hyper Hydration.  While I don't dig the taste I believe it works.  Ask anyone I ride with and they'll tell you I'm a sweater!  After the ride I have a recovery drink, currently chugging CarboRockets Coconut/Chocolate Recovery mixed with water and almond milk...awesome!  I know some say "real" food is better but it's not always readily available nor desirable.  So far this seems to be helping!

Heading into the gym this morning for some stretching and core stuff.  No riding today.  I'll ride a couple hours before work tomorrow morning to test out the race bike one more time.
Saturday is the Westside Dirty Benjamin gravel race.  I'm pretty excited.  Rumor has it there may be some pretty wet sections...I say bring it!

Later.

No comments: