Friday, June 27, 2014

Seriously?!

I'm already a mental head case and then Mother Nature decides to stir the pot that is my brain.  Yesterday I worked till noon.  I decided in that short shift that maybe I wouldn't do the Lutsen 99er and go hang out with Harper and just relax.  Jen convinced me Lutsen was somthing I was looking forward to for a long time.

Yep, she's right, I'm going...just a mental burp in judgement.
So I mowed that lawn, watered plants, and packed my bags and gear.  Two days ago I started putting a rigid fork on my mtb.  Realized the headset I thought I had wasn't the right style.  The correct one should be in this morning, plenty of time still.

However, the storms last night changed all that.  With this being the wettest spring/summer since we moved into this house 13 years ago we've started getting water in the basement.  No big deal but something we need to look into.  Last night I spent a good chunk of it removing water...lot's of water.  No damage was really done but it still sucks.  I worry about mold and such.  With much more rain in the forecast and no one around to watch the house I've decided I need to stay home.  Damn it.  Only a race I guess.  But I redid my bike, bought gear (which one should do for every race, right?), and didn't go to Florida with my family for this race.  Grrrr.
Oh well, I'll still ride and smile and enjoy not working retail this weekend.

Happy Trails Fellas up North.  Bunny hop the mud!

No comments: