Monday, August 04, 2014

Back to Monday.

Some weekends not much happens, but they pass in a blur nonetheless.
Saturday we had a wedding out at St. John's University.  It wasn't till one and I had some friends putting in some early morning miles.  I decided to join them for a bit.  Two of the three I've never ridden with.  It was really fun to ride and chat with new riders.  They were in search of 80 miles, which they were following up with a 40 minute run...Ironman training!  Jeff and I turned off sooner and made our way back together.  I ended with 3.5 hours or so, not 100% sure.
The wedding was pretty fun.  Lots of family and I really haven't been out to St. John's since graduation.  It was super cool to see all three of my kids out dancing.  Hell no I didn't join them!  That night I tweeted the following:
     "I decided tonight that I am more comfortable on my bike at mile 100+ in neg temps than on a 
     dance floor."

Sunday I worked, so noon-5.  I got a 50 minute run in.  Say what?!  Yep, a run.  August my plan is to diversify a bit.  The ITI (Iditarod Trail Invitational) isn't till March.  I don't want to hit a lull or burnout in a few months.  I will still ride in August but it will be broken up with more time off, runs, gym time, etc.  Walking down the stairs this morning was interesting.  The legs are a bit tight!

I'm off to the gym this morning for some stretching, core, and light lifting.  Maybe a family ride this evening after work.

Happy Week.



No comments: