Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Zoe.

Kind of crazy to think Zoe was with us the first week we moved into our house, before we had kids.  Almost 14 years.  Yesterday afternoon we said goodbye.  Crap that was harder than expected.  Very difficult.  But in the end the right thing to do.  It's all the things one has to do when they have a dog that make the memories not fade.  This morning I instinctively thought I'd need to let Zoe out to pee, fill her dish with food, etc.  She was a great dog and will be missed...for a long time, especially when the snow flies.

Later that night I did get out for an hour ride on my cross bike.  Down county road 8 there is a park I never see anyone at, Island View Park.  Not much of a park yet but it does have some gravel roads to a dirt path around a loop that skirts the Mississippi River.  Not the greatest but something.  I hit that up and headed back for home.  It was good to get out and "think".  Felt way better.

Today I'm meeting a friend to ride Cuyuna!  I haven't been to Cuyuna yet this year so pretty stoked on that.  Plus Derek lives out West so time with him is a bonus too.  I recently cleaned and lubed the mtb bb so the noise is gone, hopefully!  Also put on some desperately needed new tires.  The old ones were all but smooth.

Thursday should be a rest day..."should".  Hopefully I get out for a 1-1.5 hours spin on Friday morning.  Then Saturday it's on at the Inspiration 100!!

Later.

No comments: