Monday, October 13, 2014

Theo Wirth CX

Yesterday the family and I made our way to Theodore Wirth Park for some more cx action.  I should have learned from the last time I did this race that it's not too family friendly.  Too bad as I really enjoy the course but part of the reason I like CX is my family can be involved.  But enough of that...everyone has opinions.

Usually I get pumped up for a race but I was just kind of blah before the race.  I had no idea what to expect from the start.  Well I had my best start ever.  Not sure if there was hole shot but if the top of the start hill was it, I got it!  I was quickly passed by Fast Freddy and Owen, shortly followed by Monte.  It takes me a few laps to find my groove and get things situated.  I was feeling good.  Per normal we started to hit lap traffic but Theo Wirth uses some single track and other features that make it hard to pass.  They had an awesome switchback climb that enviably we ran into someone.  This is hard on a single speed to ditch your momentum.  But that's racing.  I'm super timid passing and I hate if I piss someone off.  I just need to learn to pass and go for it.  I'll probably crash!
Each lap I felt I was making ground, well maybe on on Fred or Owen but I could see Monte.  I thought I about had him caught when the lap traffic thing happened and I chickened out on passing several times.  So I rolled into 4th place and loved every minute of it.

Next weekend is Green Acres CX.  I've been told several times this is one of the best.  I've yet to do it.  Can't wait.  Hope to make both days but the logistics are still being hashed out.

Remember: Tuesday Night Lights tomorrow, 7:30 at the North Loop.

Later.

No comments: