Thursday, February 05, 2015

Riding to the Moon...nope.

Last nights ride was good training for both Jen and I.  I told her I'd be home between 7:30-8.  I didn't get home till 8:30 or later.  She also saw I forgot my phone at home!  So just like the ITI she had to sit and wonder!  For me it was great because it was sub-zero temps plus a strong wind.
I planned on 2.5-3 hours.  But when the crazy orange moon started peaking over the trees I was drawn to it like a moth to a light.  Finally realizing I would never catch up to it I made my turns for home and a nice headwind.  Yep the wind was switching, which I knew was predicted.  It's all good training, right?!  Ended with about 4 hours.

I also took different roads than ever before out southeast of Foley.  Nice gravel roads out that way.  I'll need to hook up with Galen next time he's visiting his folks.
I always struggle getting out the door for night rides, especially during the winter.  Thanks to Jen's prodding I did and super glad I went.  Solo night rides are some of my favorite times on the bike.  So peaceful.

Later.

No comments: