Friday, February 20, 2015

River Ride.

Yesterday afternoon I headed up the East side River Road to the boat landing on the Mississippi River...in  my car.  From there I pulled the bike out and headed North on the river.  I was surprised how much snow there was and how slow it was.  I meandered back and forth until I reached the Mississippi River Park.  There I jumped on the trails and made a loop.  In a good snow year this looks to be an awesome place to ski.  A lap in I made my way back to the car.
It's funny how something as mundane as the Wobegon Trail can seem so much faster than the open area of the river.  I felt I was just putting along.  I ended with 2.5 hours of pretty casual pedaling.  Spinning the legs.  I'm guessing just a few more rides before I pack the bike and head North and West.

Happy Weekend.

No comments: