Monday, March 23, 2015

The "Ugh, It's Monday" Post.

Last week wasn't the "back in the saddle" week I had planned (in my head) but it was good nonetheless.  Thursday through Sunday I was able to get out for about 3 hours each day, with Saturday almost reaching 4.  Saturday, while cold, was great.  We found some endless gravel roads none of us had been on.  The pace was hot a couple times and I was happy I was able to hang on.  I thought about getting out real early Sunday before work but when I put the question to Haper: "should dad bike or make pancakes?", pancakes won!  It's still early and hanging with the family was great.

Today is chaos: Work, School, Dr. appointments, Jr. High Track, Gymnastics, and a clogged kitchen sink.  I worked on the sink for about an hour last night.  Plumbing is the one thing in home ownership that I've somewhat been able to figure out.  This has me stumped.  I have two more things to try this afternoon before I call for help.  Somehow the coating of snow we received over night doesn't bother me too much right now!

The TNR is somewhat up in the air.  Late last week it was at 90% chance of rain and 40 degrees.  That has dropped to 50% but now it says 1"-3" of snow...ugh.  I know, it's early but once you have a taste of shorts and jersey weather you get stuck.

Happy Week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It’s a good thing that plumbing has become one of your skills since you became a homeowner. Though that sink problem you had back then seems more challenging than the usual. I hope you were able to figure that one out, without the need to call for help. However, if the problem is recurrent, then I think it’s better to have it checked by a professional plumbing service to avoid further damage. Have a nice day!

Evon Brow @ Athens Plumbing

Unknown said...

Mondays aren’t very appealing to me either, but I regard it as a start of another week to make me feel better. Anyway, it’s great that you are quite knowledgeable when it comes to plumbing. That is quite essential, especially now that you’re a homeowner. Anyway, I hope that week has been kind to you, and all the following weeks for that matter. Thanks for sharing!


Lovella Cushman @ Perfection Plumbing & Drain Cleaning Ltd