I'm happy with the week of riding I was able to put together. A hard century on Monday, recovery spin (30 miles) on Tuesday followed by a day at Valleyfair, off Wednesday, 40+ on Thursday, and about an hour+ spin today. Originally I wanted to take the gravel bike on a 3 hour spin today but thinking that may bite me in the end.
Mark you calendars.
Summer Solstice Century...June 23rd (Tuesday)...TNR.
- Leave the shop (Revolution Cycle and Ski) at 4:30...plan ahead.
- Fast 100, 20-22 mph. We try not to drop anyone but as the daylight fades we may have to leave you to the wolves, er coyotes.
- Unless you're Jimmy bring 2-3 bottles and food. We will stop around 50-60 miles to refuel.
- Bring a rear flasher. We are racing the sun but it always seems we end in the dark due to flats and the refueling stop.
- More info as it comes. Looking into a post ride feed of sorts.