Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Racing Races.

Races are a funny thing: I love the idea of them, sign up for them, stress about them, swear them off, and in the end...super glad I do them!  I somewhat have a goal of doing a different race in a different state (or country) every year...now that I'm 40.  Sort of a bucket list thing I guess.  Last year I was fortunate enough to to the Iditarod Trail Invitational in Alaska.  I was strongly considering doing the La Ruta de los Conquistadores in Costa Rica next November.  I knew it would be expensive but after digging more into the race is more expensive than I thought.  Plus Jen has always wanted to go (and I would want her to come) to Costa Rica, adding the the expense.  Currently I think this is off my immediate future but still a goal.  It was mentioned I should set up a Go Fund Me to help with the expense.  While flattering I would feel extremely guilty asking for money so I can go play.  I don't have to do these things, I just want to!  I just need to be more rigorous in my saving for such events!

So the search is on for a "big" event in the states.  Lots to choose from.  I've been looking at the NUE sereis events, and most recently I've been looking at The MTN View Epic in Arkansas.  Part of the fun is just looking for the events.  Between gravel and mountain bike there are so many to look at!  Any suggestions are welcome.
Now to the present: RiddleBox, Tuscobia, and the Arrowhead.

Monday was an off day.  The big girls had gymnastics.  Harper and I stayed home to play, etc.  Tonight I hope to get a 1.5 hour spin in.

Later.

No comments: