Thursday, December 24, 2015

Winter Solstice Century.

Because the family is on break from school I was free to ride early in the morning.  Since I worked at noon I had a good chunk of time to hit the road.  I took the fat bike out heading North and East.  I skirted to the south of Foley and made my way North to Morrison County.  I tried to stay on mostly gravel roads when possible.  The further north I got the more snow there was.  Eventually the gravel roads turned to mostly ice.  On one road I crashed three times!
Coming back I zigged and zagged south, west, east, south.  I ended up with 6.5 hours and 100 miles.  I figure now it can snow...this was my snow dance!

This morning I slept in a bit since I was up at 4 yesterday and at a Holiday party till 11 last night.  Short on time I did an hour trail run.  Man I wish I could run more.  I like it.  But the knees don't.  I'm sure I'll have some sore muscles tomorrow!

We will have to see how the rest of the week plays out.  Lots of Christmas stuff and some traveling.  I have some ideas and plans but those are sure to change!

Happy Holidays!

No comments: