Wednesday, July 27, 2016

...and More Rain.

Ugh...rain.  I got up at 4 this morning with hope of riding 100 before work at noon.  Looking out my window I saw the streets were wet.  I shut our fan off and I could hear the rain hitting the roof and trees.  I pulled up the radar and it looked like we were in for a good dowsing.  Back to bed.  I got up at 6 and it was still raining.  Back to bed with no alarm.  At the time more sleep is always appealing but I've been at this long enough to know that I will feel shitty later on today!  I'd be lying if I didn't say my legs were tired.  I've had, for me, a few big weeks.  This is the last week before I cut way back on riding in preparation of Gravel Worlds on August 20th.  I head to Madison this weekend for Trek World.  Get back Wednesday and run around like mad in preparation for the series mountain bike race the shop sponsors and the club puts on.  Then it's off to Yellowstone and such for vacation.  Boom...September!

So maybe no ride today or maybe a short spin before work.  Going with the flow!  I'll tackle some miles the rest of the week.

And yes I know you can ride in the rain, I've done it lots.  It's one thing to get caught in the rain but starting in the rain (in the dark) isn't my cup of tea.  I mean it has to be fun too!

No comments: