Thursday, July 14, 2016

and the Wind Returns.

You know it's going to be a windy ride when the wind is already awake and kicking at 5:30 in the morning.  It was SW, switching to West wind.  I thought of ways to get out of town besides county road 8 but ended up settling on the classic anyway.  The route essentially was: St. Cloud, Clearwater, Fairhaven, Kimball, Watkins, Eden Valley, Richmond, El Rancho Manana, St. Joseph, and St. Cloud...102 miles, 5+ hours.

The ride was a bit of a struggle into the wind at times.  The legs finally came around a couple hours in.  Around 3 hours I made the turn for home and rocked the tailwind!  I've been using a hydration pack lately but opted for 3 bottles yesterday.  I ended up having to stop twice and could have stopped again but was going on time, I worked at noon.  Despite Ted poking fun, hydration packs are the ticket if you don't want to stop!

I have off today and will get a ride in of sorts.  I'm thinking Little Falls but man the wind is whipping again.  The river road provides nice shelter however so it shouldn't be too bad.  Kind of digging the 60 degree temps for a high!


No comments: