Friday, September 30, 2016

Another Race Weekend.

On my way to pick Harper up yesterday I got a text from Jen telling me I should get a ride in before we go to Brinna's swim meet.  OK!  I only had time for a quick one so it was back to the North Loop.  It's funny how this summer I barely rode there as I found it boring and repetitive but now I ride it a few times a week and really enjoy it...Fall mountain biking! I got an hour in, made dinner, and we were off to the swim meet.
Despite being loud, hot, and long I really enjoy the meets.  Brinna has shaved 14 seconds off her 50 free!  It's super cool being able to see how far she has come in just a couple months.

Today we head up to the North Shore (Two Harbors) for the Heck of the North gravel race.  I wasn't sure I had the drive earlier in the week but I'm now pretty excited to get it on.  But I will only know how I feel tomorrow morning when we hit the gravel.  Because Brinna doesn't want to miss swimming again, missed last Friday, we will leave after that.  That puts us up north in the dark and after packet pick up.  I was going to hitch a ride with some friends and have Jen and the girls meet me but decided to wait and head up with the family, because, in the end, it really doesn't matter.  I just have to get up a bit earlier tomorrow for morning packet pick up.

So next week I will have two race reports to do: Marji Gesik and Heck of the North.  Ha!

Happy Weekend!

No comments: