Monday, November 07, 2016

Saturday Noah and I drove out to Matt's house to head out on a 4 hour gravel ride.  At 8:30 it was still chilly.  Knowing it was going to warm up I dressed lightly.  I only parts that suffered were my hands.  About 2 miles in I got a flat that the sealant wasn't sealing.  Instead of messing around with trying to make it work I tossed a tube in.  We ended up having an odd route but a good one.  I had been on most of the roads just not in this order, I liked it.  We misjudged the time and ended with 4.5 hours and 86 miles.
The rest of the day was spent raking and bagging leaves.  Not much in the way of recovery!  I was in shorts and t-shirt, sweating...in November, heck yeah!

Sunday, with the time change, I was able to get out a bit earlier to sneak a ride in before we finished up yard work.  I took the road bike and headed to Becker, Briggs Lake, and home...2.5 for 51 miles.  Then another afternoon of yard work and gutter cleaning.  The garage and shed also are now ready for winter...bring it.

The month of November I'm trying to average 300 miles per week.  So far I have 365 and 419, which is good as I'm not too sure on the next two weeks.  We have 3 ski swaps, a fat bike clinic at the shop, our Nordic Team Day at the shop, and kid stuff.  Oh yeah and Thanksgiving.  Sadly I was sort of anxious about all of this Saturday night...ok a lot anxious.  I'm good now, just have to roll with it and take it as it comes.

Not sure about today.  I am free to ride but my legs are feeling a bit tired.  May just play it by ear and see how I feel after dinner.

Time to tackle this week.

No comments: