Friday, December 23, 2016

Last Post About Being Sick...I Hope!

Whew....I made it.  It's not a secret I'm a baby when it comes to being sick and this time was no different!  In the past I would have attempted a ride or two but I really wanted to be healthy by the holidays and 100% by the Fat Pursuit, 2 weeks from today.  I wouldn't say I'm 100% but getting close.  Enough of being sick, sorry for the week long pity session.

I'm heading to work early to make my race fat bike wheels tubeless.  Hed BFD rims on Onyx hubs.  Trying out some Bontrager Barbegazi tires this year.  Mostly because I've had great luck setting up their tires tubeless.  However there are a few other tires I wouldn't mind trying out but fat bike tires are expensive and really the season is short.

From the last time I posted snow depth across MN we've improved!  Light blue 4" to dark blue 15"!  I'm still holding out hope the Christmas storm is going to be more snow than rain, but it's not looking good.  However the northern part is to get snow so the Arrowhead 135 course should be well covered this year.

Tonight we are doing our family Christmas at home, once I get back from work.  Maybe a short ride but not likely.  Tomorrow morning I'm riding for sure before we head to the Cities.  I wish I could bring a bike but space is tight so it's not looking good.  Thus this is my rest and recovery week!  That makes it sound like it was planned and my brain lets me be somewhat ok with that...ha!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: