Thursday, January 19, 2017

Skinny Tires!

Instead of pissing and moaning about the weather (although I'm sure I will still do that) I decided to embrace it.  Yesterday morning it was mid to upper 20's with the temperature set to hit 40.  Plus the sun was out in full force.  So instead of grabbing the fat bike I opted for the studded rain bike.

Not from yesterday's ride but it's the bike.

I headed down county road 8, of course, and meandered a bit in wright county.  I didn't have a ton of time as we had two sick kids yesterday.  Jen stayed home with them but had to run into school for a bit.  I worked at noon and got a bit later start.  No matter I still got 2 hours 15 minutes in.  Even being on a single speed, studded bike it felt so fast!

Riding the fat bike around St. Cloud is usually not a fast (speed) outing.  Lots of single track, bushwhacking, unmaintained trail, etc.  Thus it's hard to get that constant effort in that the open road or snowmobile trails offer.  So despite wanting cooler weather and more snow it sure did fill good to get out on the road.  
Making Lemonade I guess!

No comments: