Friday, July 28, 2017

Still No Cuyuna.

I toyed with the idea of going to Cuyuna yesterday but at decision time I chose to stay and ride around home.  I grabbed the road bike and headed out.  There was minimal wind, the sun was out, but the humidity/dew point were surprisingly high.  It didn't feel "thick" out but man was I dripping with sweat!
The plan wasn't to ride 100 miles but as I was out there I figured why not, one more before the DAMn Race next weekend.  I was feeling really good and holding a 20 mph average for a good portion of the ride.  However all the electrolytes I was losing in my sweat, not eating enough (wasn't tasting good), and not enough fluids (was running low and didn't bring cash) I started to feel pretty blah an hour or so out.  It didn't feel like a "bonk" but I'm sure that's what part of it was.  But man that heat has been kicking my ass this year.  It felt like a death march to get back home.  At home I felt worse for the first bit than I did the previous Thursday after my 197 mile ride.

Lots of fluids, still drinking lots of fluids, later I felt much better.  I really think I was super dehydrated. More so than I've been in a long time.

I work at noon today so planned a ride but now I'm not so sure.  If I do ride it'll be short and easy.  Maybe Cuyuna this weekend...maybe!  Not sure on family plans and such.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: