Friday, August 18, 2017

Hello Wind.

After almost 4 hours of house inventory work it was time to ride.  I was dragging my feet a bit as the wind was Spring like and whipping pretty good.  Instead of riding through town to ride into the wind I opted to ride down county road 8 for a bit and head East, also with the wind.  By the time I turned North into the wind I had an average over 21 mph.  That quickly changed!

I found my way to some gravel and a bit more shelter from the wind versus the openness of the paved roads.  After almost 3" of rain the gravel was a bit soft but not as much as I would have guessed.  In Gillman I checked the time and it was time to start heading back.  I was a bit bummed as I was enjoying myself and wanted to keep going.  But having to get back to to the Bike. Beer. Burrito. Ride isn't such a bad thing either!
I ended with about 4 hours.

The Bike. Beer. Burrito Ride once again was great.  I believe 50 people showed up this time!  Join us next week Thursday.

I work at noon today so I set the alarm for a bit before 6.  I lay there not wanting to move searching for excuses, typical.  I should be on the road bike by 8 for a good couple hours, then off to work.

The kids are going with my mom up to her cabin this weekend while Jen and I try to really put a big dent in this inventory.  I hope to ride as well but I'm making myself realize that inventory is the priority...not riding!

Happy Weekend.

No comments: