Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Hitting the Hero Gravel.

I wan't able to ride Monday due to Gymnastics and with rain predicted all day today into Thursday I really wanted to ride on Tuesday.  Well, in the morning, as the day wore on my desire to ride seemed to diminish.  Which is typical for me.  I'd much rather ride in the mornings.

I forced myself out knowing I'd regret it later if I didn't. I also knew that an hour into the ride I'd most likely be stoked I was there...yep!

I took the Evergreen, loaded with lights just in case, and headed for the Dirt Bag route.  The wind was low and the gravel was of the hero type.  I felt so good on the gravel.  I contemplated taking the most recent Dirt Bag route but opted for more of the "original" version.  The newer route would have sent me much further South and really amped up the time commitment.   As it was I ended with 4.5 hours and 83 miles.  I did need the lights!  I got home around 10 or so.  Night riding is so fun!  The downside is I am unable to go right to bed so I was up till almost midnight, which is late for me.

I'm hoping for another good ride on Thursday but now the rain seems to be sneaking into Thursday as well.  I'm sure it'll change several times over.

Last night after the ride I signed up for the Tuscobia 160 (December 29th) and the Spotted Horse Ultra 200 (October 7th).  I think signing up for races after a great ride is like signing up for races drunk!

No comments: