Thursday, August 17, 2017

Rain.

On or off has been the theme for rain this summer.  We are either in a long dry spell or we'll have a week or two of on and off rain, like now.  Yesterday we were to have a wash out but it really didn't start to later in the afternoon/evening.  I got home from work a bit after 5.  It was pea soup thick outside but really no falling moisture.  The hour by hour forecast hinted it would start in an hour or more.  That's all I needed.  I kitted up, aired up the road bike, and headed out for a quick spin.  I got an hour in with a some rain but not much.  It was nice to spin the legs and not be out for a few hours either.

Back at home I plopped in front of the computer and worked on house inventory.  Out of 48 notebook pages I only have 6 left!  We do have other notebooks but this one has a lot of rooms in it.  I still have to enter the contents into State Farm's database system but I'm thinking (and hoping) that will be much faster than looking up retail prices for each individual item.  The end is now visible!

I'm off today with more inventory on the agenda, as well as a ride.  I wanted to get up early and get a solid ride in but it hasn't stopped raining since early evening yesterday!  It looks as if around noon it should let up but then the winds kick in.  Oh well, I will ride and like it!  I'm still planning on some gravel to the NW (into the wind).  I'm sure it will be soft and slow.  It's about the time not the speed or distance, although I do still get caught up in that.

Beaver Island Brewing, Bravo Burrito, Fitzharris Bike and Sport, and Revolution Cycle and Ski are once again hosting Bike, Beer, Burritos this evening.  Meet up at Beaver Island at 5 and rollout out for a leisurely ride.  At the end enjoy a burrito and a beer (or soda).  Good times.  The plan is for Jen and I to attend.


No comments: