Monday, August 14, 2017

Recap.

I had a short day at work on Thursday and off Friday through Sunday.  Our hope was to take a quick trip up the North Shore and back down to Pine City on Saturday to celebrate Jen's Grandama's 90th Birthday.  But life happened.  I worked longer than planned and we really needed to get some house stuff done, namely finishing up our inventory...such a tedious process.

Thursday afternoon/evening Jen and I did take the tandem over to Beaver Island Brewery for their Beer. Bikes. Burritos. Ride.  Super casual and lots of fun.  Every Thursday the month of August.

Friday I don't really remember what I/we did!  I know I sat in front of the computer most of the day doing inventory.  I got a ton done, but much more to do.  Jen and I did meet with the cabinet makers to finalize some loose ends.  I skipped any kind of ride for more inventory.

Saturday I was out on the bike a bit before 8 headed to Pine City for the 90th Birthday.  I had a friend make a route that kept me off major roads.  I like following a GPS map on rides.  Not much to think about, in regards to direction, other than turn when told to.  For whatever reason this really makes the ride go by much faster.  He tried to send me through the Sherburne Wildlife Refuge but the roads were closed to any kind of traffic.  I know that area well so rerouted around and back on the scheduled route.  I ended with 102 miles on the Evergreen.

While riding I received a text from Jen, "car trouble, call me"...great!  The van had all kinds of warnings going on.  The dealership said she should bring it in.  Got her a loaner and sent them on the way.  This just set them back a couple hours so I spent part of the time at the cabin strutting around in my bike kit.

Sunday I wasn't really planning on biking home but the rack was on the van and the loaner was a CRV so no inside room.  I left around 11 and thought I'd try to take a more direct route to lessen the distance and hopefully miss the incoming rain.  Fail on both accounts!  I hit rain about an hour into the ride, which lasted 30-45 minutes.  The total mileage was 101, so maybe a bit more direct!  I got home just in time as it started to rain and lasted most of the night.

15.5 ride hours on the week.  A bit more than I wanted but still less than average.  I'm a bit up in the air on this week for riding.  School swim practice starts for Brinna and Harper has Spanish Immersion School Summer Camp plus lots of inventory.  Go with the flow!

Happy Week!

No comments: