Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Tuesday Night Lights.

If I was dragging my feet to get out the door for a ride last Tuesday yesterday I was firmly planted not wanting to go.  Well I wanted to go I just wasn't looking forward to the 15-20mph headwinds.  I did manage to get myself out on the Evergreen pointed North and West.

Once again getting out was the worst part of the ride!  Not even the wind dampened my spirits.  For whatever reason I was a bit crabby prior to the start.  Nothing like a solid ride to turn things around!  I basically went North till the road would "T", where I would take a left (west) to the next intersection that I could head back North.  I eventually made my way up to the Soo Line ATV Trail.  Man that was a soft 15 miles to the bridge over highway 10 and to the paved section of trail.  I ended up in Bowlus where I grabbed a soda and topped off my hydration pack.  While it was far from hot, almost chilly when the sun went down, it was windy and dry.  This must of sucked the moisture out of me as I could not drink enough.

From Bowlus to home I took 90% paved roads.  It was dark and time was ticking.  I made it home with 81 miles in 4 hours 41 minutes.  I'm heading out shortly for a couple hour ride before work at noon.  I had to dig out a long sleeve jersey at it's currently 48 degrees!  So much for the typical August!

Trail Work tonight (5:30) at the North Loop.  The High School MTB League will be using our course for a race September 10th.  Time to get it race ready!  Help if you can.
Saturday is the Off the Back Century, starting at Beaver Island Brewing.  So far thunderstorms are called for.  Hoping that changes!

No comments: