Monday, September 11, 2017

Salsa Ride Camp!

I made it...finally!  I left early Friday morning for Salsa Ride Camp near Cable, WI.  I got there in time to set up my tent, change, and get ready for a long single track ride.  Both Friday and Saturday they shuttled us to our starting point and we biked back.  They were group rides so there was some waiting up but really it wasn't too bad.  Having biked too much on Thursday my legs liked the down time anyway.  I opted to ride my Deadwood both days and not take out a demo bike.  I just love that bike so much.
The CAMBA network of trails are absolutely amazing.  The fact that they are only 3 hours from my house and I never make it there is sad.  It's a great combination of old school (rocky and twisty) to new school (flow) trails.  So, so fun.

While biking was a major part of the weekend the Salsa crew had all kinds of stuff going on: pack rafting, fly fishing, bike demo's, movies, speeches, and more.  I had to leave Saturday after my ride but hope to make it back next year.  Hopefully it works to bring my family as it's very much a family oriented event.

Thanks Salsa.

Sunday I got out for a gravel ride.  I was pretty sluggish at the start but I came around and felt good.  Well that is till I got my 7th sting in 2.5 weeks.  This time in my helmet.  It still hurts this morning!

It appears summer isn't dead just yet.  80's a good portion of this week with a side of humidity tossed in.  It's my Birthday (42) today so I think I may celebrate with a night mountain bike ride.  However I'm a bit tired (23 hours last week) so I may take the next couple days off.  The day will let me know. But knowing my neurotic self I'll really want to ride!

Happy Monday.

No comments: