Thursday, September 14, 2017

Summer is Back.

Having not been on the road bike very much the past month, or summer really, it's always a pleasant surprise how smooth, fast and effortless in can feel.  Yesterday was such a day.  After getting Harper to school I was on the bike heading South by 8.
I have a pretty solid 2.5 hour loop but thought I could extend it a bit to make it 3.  The road I thought I had to go to was further out than I remembered.  Turns out I went one county road too far.  I had planned to pop out in French Lake and ride around Lake Sylvia but with a time crunch (I worked at noon) on I changed plans, shifted gears, and made use of the now tailwind.

Going fast isn't always necessary but sometimes is just feels good.  Having a tailwind helps!  I made it home in 3 hours 40 minutes and about 75 miles.  Quick shower, slap a PB&J together and off to work.

I have a shorter day at work today.  Guessing the Evergreen will get the nod and we will find some gravel.  Out of ease (and I still enjoy it) I'll most likely hit up the Dirt Bag route.

No comments: