Monday, October 23, 2017

Windy Weekend.

Friday I did get out in the afternoon and battled that wind...once again.  The wind was out of the South at 15-20 mph gusting up to 30!  I hadn't wanted to do the Dirt Bag route again but it was the right direction and does provide lots of cover.  I didn't do the entire route as I didn't have that kind of time nor desire.  I ended with 5 hours and 81 miles.

Saturday I got up somewhat early to sneak a short ride in at the North Loop before the rain started.  Once I could see well enough I headed out.  On the way there I felt sprinkles but nothing more.  About 5 minutes into the Loop is started to rain a bit harder but then let up, only to start again.  I pushed on.  I got about a lap and a half in before I called it and headed home.  The woods do an amazing job of keeping the rain out.  I was surprised how wet the roads were on my way home.  The rest of Saturday Jen and I did house stuff.  Man furniture shopping is overwhelming!

Sunday I wasn't in a rush to get out the door.  It was fairly chilly in the early morning but slotted to warm up to the 60's.  I like riding in the cold I just don't like riding in the cold to warm and being overdressed.  Again the wind was out of the Southernly direction.  So yep...Dirt Bag.  I mixed it up some and took different roads and tried to find parts of this years 64 mile route as well.  I was excited to ride as I wanted to test out the Teravail Sparwood 2.2 tires.  I have a wedding this coming weekend in Hayward, WI and plan to bike there on backroads.  Many of those roads in WI are pretty sandy so the extra size of the Sparwood's will come in handy.  I was shocked at how well these rolled and felt since I opted for the durable version.  Wow!  I had been using a 700x45 WTB Riddler and I feel the Sparwoods rolled much better.  Super stoked on these tires.
Ended with 3 hours 45 minutes and 67 miles.  Putting the week at a bit over 20 hours.

Looking ahead at the weather for Friday, the day I plan to bike to Hayward, and snow is predicted!  Already, however, the chance of snow is diminished from last nights forecast.  I love snow but not yet.  Early snow is just messy.

Let the week begin.

No comments: