Monday, November 20, 2017

A Ski Weekend.

Well that weekend flew by!
Saturday was our Nordic Team Day at the shop.  If I wanted a ride I needed to get up early.  So I was up and riding by 5:15, on the fat bike.  Sure getting up early to ride isn't always easy but the rewards of the sunrise and having a ride in before most people get up is so worth it.  I did get a bit anxious about getting back on time as to not be late getting Brinna to gymnastics and myself to work.  I made it back just fine while racking up 3.5 hours.
After work I headed to our house to help with the assembly.  We aren't able to move in yet but are able to build the kids beds, some stools, etc.

Sunday was the last ski swap for us, this time in Mora.  I originally thought I'd do the same as Saturday for riding but opted for a couple more hours of sleep and some relaxing coffee time on the couch.  I got back home around 4:30 or so.  I told myself that morning I would ride but on the drive home I talked myself out of it.  But me being me I flipped at the last minute and headed out for a 2 hour ride.  Basically the good 'ol county road 8 loop with Franklin instead of 75...of course on the fat bike!  So, so glad I went.  It put my mood straight and the weather/wind was amazing.

I ended the week with a bit over 17.5 hours...all on the fat bike.  Slowly the time is creeping up.

This week may allow for some more riding but I've learned to not "plan" on too much around the holidays and especially with house projects!  With a couple days getting above 40 maybe I'll crack out the Cutthroat or Evergreen.

Time for Monday.

Let it Snow!

No comments: