Friday, November 10, 2017

...and more of the same.

Another week in the chaos that has become the Doom Household.  Monday and Tuesday were both a no go for riding.  Wednesday afternoon/evening I was able to get out on the fat bike.  I did my typical winter fat bike wandering thing: Talahi Woods, St. Benedict area, Sand Prairie, and the North Loop.   At the North Loop I ran into a group of other riders and jumped on their train.  I managed a bit over 2.5 hours.
Thursday was my day to finally get a long ride in.  I wasn't sure if I was going to take a gravel bike or the fat bike.  On waking I discovered it was already windy out of the NW with gusts over 20 mph.  This was putting the feel like temp below zero.  After getting Harper to school I sat on the couch drinking coffee and strongly procrastinating the ride.  I knew I would ride I just wasn't super motivated!  I decided on the fat bike and was out pedaling by 9.  I did my Gillman route which gave me section with a tailwind, allowing me to acclimate to the weather.  Eventually my hands gave in and got pretty cold.  I should have used pogies as they work so much better for me.  Next time.  At Gillman I kept going North a bit to tack on some more time.
The return trip was much easier and faster thanks to the tailwind.  I ended with 4.5 hours and not quite 60 miles.  Yep it's now how long you rode and not how far!  I originally wanted 6-7 hours but I got a bit later start and had some things I wanted to get done.  I'm happy with 4.5.

Today I have a short day but it's because Brinna is swimming in Sections.  Not sure if there will be a time to ride or not.  No matter, I'm more stoked to watch a swim meet.  Most likely the last of the season for me.  I've really enjoyed watching swimming this year.  Which is funny since the pool areas are both hot and noisy, both things I hate!

Saturday and Sunday I am hitting up ski swaps for the shop.  They aren't all day events so some riding may happen.  I hope it does!

Happy Weekend.

No comments: