Friday, November 24, 2017

Thanksgiving.

Traditions.  My Thanksgiving, for the past several years, has been to get up early and sneak in a ride before the days festivities begin.  Yesterday I was up and riding by 5:30 or so, on the fat bike.  What wind there was it was out of the NW turning W and eventually SW, all in the single digits.  Truthfully the wind was a non issue the entire ride!  Plus when it rose the sun was out in full force.  An oddity for November in Minnesota.  It was one of those days, if time allowed, I could and would have gone for a long time!

But I didn't have all day and needed to be ready to leave the house by noon.  For whatever reason 100 miles always rings in my head for longer rides.  Being on the fat bike getting 100 miles in with my time constraint would be a challenge.  A challenge I didn't meet.  I got 5.5 hours and 81miles.  More than enough.

Then it was off to Thanksgiving in Maple Grove.  My vegan soup was delicious!  I did miss not having any pie but made up for it with some Ben and Jerry's dairy free ice cream.  On the way back to Jen's folk's house we stopped at Target.  The kids are obsessed with Black Friday crap.  It was a zoo and not that fun.  We ended up buying random crap for our house and the said Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

Today is an off day of riding and an all out chill type of day.  I'm back at work tomorrow and Sunday.  I'm looking forward to work.  Over the holidays the weekends are a pretty fun time at the shop.  The plan, at the moment, is to ride in the mornings before work.

Happy Weekend.

No comments: