Wednesday, November 22, 2017

This Post is a bit of a Wanderer.

After Monday I took the rest of the week off from work.  Originally it looked like we'd be moving stuff into our house but more setbacks and mistakes (by the contractors) crushed that idea.  We have started to assemble the garage full of IKEA beds for the girls in their new rooms plus some stools and what not.  Yesterday Jen and I went shopping for kitchen and bathroom things.  Whoa...that was overwhelming!  I think we were gone 5 hours or so, much more tiring than riding 5 hours.  Shoppers are beasts.

I did get a great afternoon/evening ride in Monday.  I did a mini version of the Dirt Bag on the fat bike.  The wind and weather once again made the ride.  Yesterday the wind was nuts.  Thus I stuck to the woods for a short stint.  I'm hoping to head out shortly for another version of the Dirt Bag.  Currently there is no wind but chilly.  I am ready for snow!
Then it's back to assembling more furniture and cleaning.  They (contractors) claimed to have cleaned the place but I fail to see how they did.  Whatever, I'm tired of complaining about their work.  It's time to be done with this mess.  I've had it easy compared to Jen, she's done the majority of work on this project.  I'd have tossed in the towel long ago.

My tradition the past few years has been to get up early (riding by 5) and get a bigger ride in before we head to Jen's Uncle's house for Thanksgiving.  So far that is the plan once again.

I've been "vegetarian" for 2 years now with stints on and off again prior to that.  I've also played "vegan" for a spell of time as well.  Currently I'm at it (vegan) again, going on 3 weeks.  I've strayed from veganism before as it's hard on other people and I was addicted to ice cream.  It's hard on others in that I feel it puts them in a difficult position if they are hosting my family and I for a meal, etc.  I really shy away from telling people I don't eat animal products as it almost seems to offend them.  I'm doing this for me and not others so I truly don't want it to affect them.  But I am very curious about it and love the idea so I decided it was time to give it another go.  I am not going to tell you I feel absolutely amazing as so many books have that I've read but I do feel different for the better.  Enough to forgo all the upcoming holiday treats!
So yeah I have to make a soup to bring to Thanksgiving...no Tofurky for me!

No comments: