Thursday, December 14, 2017

Keep the Dusting Coming.

Unexpectedly we received a dusting of snow yesterday morning and again that afternoon.  Not much but enough to cover my tracks from the previous day.  You know I'm desperate for snow when I'm excited for a "dusting"!
Afterwork I made pancakes for dinner.  I made them early, popped them in the oven for Jen and the girls, and headed out for a ride.  This time I headed down the West side of the Mississippi River.  I hit up Time Waster, River Bluffs, and Plum Creek.  I circumvented the lower field of the River Bluffs a few times.  Similar to Sand Prairie, this would be boring and brutal during the summer, but winter months and darkness make it an adventure and fun.  Every lap I think "just one more" wanting to see if my tracks had established the trail any better...dork.

Then it was back to the East side and the Talahi Woods, Baltos, and parts of the North Loop.  Enough for almost 3 hours.  Fat Biking in any amount of snow is damn fun.

I'm heading out today for the Soo Line and the Wobegon.  So lots of bike trails.  But they aren't cleared of snow and will hopefully provide some good resistance that will somewhat mimic riding on snowmobile trails.  Like those of the Tuscobia and Arrowhead.


No comments: