Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Ready, Set, Go!

Busing wasn't quite figured out yet for Avery so I left work a bit after 3 to pick her up.  The contractors were at the house doing some finishing touches so we went to the post office, coop, grocery store, and to get Harper.  They were still at our house so we all went upstairs and I watched Harper make silly squishies (it's a thing).  I was going to make pancakes for dinner but I wasn't able to get into the kitchen.  Jen was getting a haircut and Brinna was at gymnastics.  Jen called saying she could get the girls in for haircuts.  The girls and I picked up Brinna and I dropped them off to meet up with Jen for dinner and haircuts.  I headed back home, changed, jumped on the fat bike, and was out the door by 7.  Man the first part of that evening flew by!

Before I left on my ride I finally decided it was time for the studded tires.  We got about an inch of snow overnight on Sunday into Monday.  It then warmed up and then dropped, leaving some good ice.  Tuesday early afternoon we got a slight dusting of snow and it's currently sleeting out...so yeah, studded tires.

I did my usual around home, off road, fat bike ride, but at Sand Prairie I ventured out onto the swamps.  I didn't fall in so they must be frozen!  Between the gravel track North of Talahi Woods, Balto's, Sand Prairie, a small chunk of the North Loop, and Friedrich Park I easily put on 2.5 hours.  I contemplated on going longer but as it was by the time I showered, put stuff away, scrolled through Twitter I didn't get to bed till almost 11.  Late by my standards!

Tonight may more of the same: busy family schedule and a night fat bike ride.  Strong NW winds are predicted so to the woods once again.


Oh yeah...almost forgot.  While we don't have "a lot" of snow the snow we have received has started to pile up.  I was surprised I snowy the trails actually were and how much resistance it provided!

Let it snow!

No comments: