Sunday, December 10, 2017

We Did It!

Eight+ months later we finally moved back into our home after the fire on March 30th!  It's still not done, but enough that we can move back in.  We don't have internet yet thus my phone is a hot spot, thank god for unlimited data!  The siding should be done next week sometime and there are a handful of things the contractor needs to address (bad paint job, missing light bulbs,  sloppy grout work, etc) but it's definitely livable!  We have beds and stools but otherwise we are still waiting on furniture.  It's kind of like being back in college again.

After living with my folks for 8 months that had become our new normal.  A normal we were greatly spoiled in!  It will take some time for us to find our routine and create the next new normal but it will come.  We are all just super excited to be back in our own space.  It's been quite the process that I hope we never have to repeat, and that includes building a new house.  I will never build a house from scratch, (and our house was only a rebuild...can't imagine from the ground up!).  It's a hideous process I don't ever care to repeat.  Not sure if this falls on the contractors or is just the process.

I did sneak a short ride in last night too!  A ride that started and ended at our home.  It was a quick spin through Riverside, Balto's, and Sand Prairie but was great to get out.  I was "told" we are getting a Christmas Tree today.  I have no idea how long that will take.  I hope to get a ride in but there is lots to do...just telling myself to go with the flow!

No comments: