Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Once Again.

I wasn't bummed we weren't getting the first mentioned 8"+ from this storm.  It was early on in the storms track and likely to change.  I would have been stoked with 4".  But now it looks like we are going to be lucky to get 2"?!  Man I miss winter.  Now I'm bummed.

Nonetheless I got out the past two night for 1.5 hours each.  Riding in 30 degree temps is weird!  Last night was too warm.  I stayed off most of our trails as it was above freezing.  Lots of open areas are now dirt/grass and the waterways I bike on are slushy on top.  Ugh.

I work at noon today so I'll get a ride in prior.  With my fat biking routes disappearing and our current temperature at 34 degrees I'll pull out the Slop Bike (Surly Cross Check) and hit up a bit of gravel.  A skinny tired bike will also feel weird.

Keeping my fingers crossed the storm track will change again.

#letitsnow

No comments: