Monday, January 08, 2018

Poof...What Weekend?!

We had a "nothing fancy" weekend but it still seemed to fly by.  Saturday Jen had a Knowledge Bowl meet.  She had to get up a bit earlier than weekday time so I got up with her.  I planned to head out on a ride and get back around the time the kids got up.  But dang it was -20!  I poured more coffee and took my time.  I finally headed out into -19, big warm up.  My initial plan was to do a gravel route ride but with the temps that cold I stuck to the woods.  River Bluffs, Time Waster, Plum Creek, Talahi Woods, Baltos, Sand Prairie, and parts of the North Loop.  Finished up with 3 hours 20 some minutes.

May be the last time for this week that I look like this.  Warmup coming.

Sunday I only had time for a couple hours so I headed back down to Sand Prairie and put in some laps.  Still not bored with this place.  Hoping we get the predicted snow this coming Thursday to make all the loops look like "new" again.

Ended the week a bit shy of 13 hours.  It was all pretty easy stuff.  I'll amp it all up a tad this week and then start to fall back the following in preparation for the Arrowhead.

Oh yeah I bought a vacuum and a cordless drill on Sunday so that was fun, ha!

As mentioned it's looking like we will get snow this Thursday.  The models are showing 3-5" but I know that will likely change.  I'd be excited with 1-2".  I just hope we get something!
The next few days are going to be in the mid 30's, blah.  What a mess.  The Slop Bike may need to get pulled out.

#letitsnow

No comments: