Monday, January 15, 2018

The Weekend.

I wanted to get a nice ride in over the weekend.  I thought about hitting up the Soo Line or Wobegon Trail but with the warm up earlier in the week and now the deep freeze I thought the trails would be blah.  Plus time was an issue.  So once again I was leaving from home.

Both days, Saturday and Sunday, I got about 3.5 hours in.  I did local trails (South side on Saturday and SE on Sunday) but I also started out with some road exploring both days to break it up.  Saturday I followed the Mississippi River down to Sauk Rapids and came back on the other side.  Sunday I hit up County Road 8 to Hidden Island Park and bopped around there a bit before heading back down to Sand Prairie.

I have to say Sunday was the better ride.  Mostly because it started to snow during the ride!  I was riding with a smile.  Officially we got 3.4", maybe a bit more at my home.  While it's not a ton of snow it's our biggest of the year...I'll take it.

Looks like another warm up at weeks end with the potential for another shot of snow.  Hoping the predicted highs drop as we near the weekend.  Warm weather equals slop conditions.

It's a bit less than 2 weeks till the Arrowhead 135.  I'll start cutting back on riding this week with more cutting next week.  Soon the constant weather check of International Falls will begin!


No comments: