Monday, February 26, 2018

Winter Fun...In Two Days.

Last week winter finally decided to make an appearance.  Between the 3 snowfalls we were pushing in on a foot of snow!
The weekend in a nutshell:  Saturday morning ride a bit over 3 hours.  With the snow we saw Thursday into Friday it was a slog fest.  5mph and 3psi was the name of the game.  Fun!
Saturday afternoon it started to snow.  I shoveled 3 times before going to bed to minimize the work in the morning. Every time I shoveled I moved all the snow to one spot so we could make a fort in the morning.
Like a kid on Christmas I was up and out shoveling before anyone was up.  Since I was outside I started in on the fort.  The kids saw and came out.  Later we went snowshoeing for an hour or so.  I pulled Harper in a sled.  Man I haven't snowshoed in a long time.  That's some work!  Back home I had time for a ride.  The trails had been groomed so I checked them out.  They were still too soft so I rode the Beaver Island and some roads.  Still fun.

Packing winter into two days has me exhausted!  We hit upper 30's all week.  The snow was here and now it's going.

Happy Monday!

No comments: