Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Spring...Finally!

It started last week and gained full speed by the weekend.  Spring and warmer temps have arrived!  Saturday a group of us headed out for the the Dirt Bag course.  Despite being a bit chilly at the start I opted for just bib shorts and a long sleeve jersey.  I was perfect.  The gravel roads were amazingly dry, hard, and fast.  A few members of our group had other duties so they pulled off and headed for home.  It was Charlie and I the rest of the way.  There wasn't much wind and the sun was out in full force.  It was so good to be out.  We finished with 108 miles in a bit under 6 hours.  Super fun day.

Sunday my legs were tired and I planned to go into work as I figured it had been busy Saturday with Sunday being just as busy.  I got up a bit early and headed out on the road bike (first time in 6 months) for a couple hours.  The first ride on a road bike after a long hiatus feels so weird.  Fast, twitchy, and effortless at times.  A benefit of a custom bike (Seven Axiom SL) is it fits like a glove and I'm immediately comfortable on it.  Finished with 2.5 hours and 45 miles.

Work on Sunday was crazy!!  At one point our parking lot was full, just like our back room with bikes in line for repair.  Monday was more of the same.  Minnesotans are ready for Spring and biking weather!

I worked 9 hours yesterday and spent the evening picking up kids, feeding kids, and getting them to gymnastics.  Jen had conferences.  Tonight it TNR but we are pretty slammed at work so I may just work through it.  My legs were pretty shot after last weeks riding so a couple days off back to back will be good.

Go get some sun!

2 comments:

Greg Prosmushkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm very enjoyed because of this blog. Its an insightful topic. It help me quite definitely to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy.bike bag